Thursday, April 9, 2009

Postcard from the Kaisha 4

Wet doorknobs, what are we doing about them people? I have several internal doors to get through when returning to my desk from jaunting around somewhere else in the office and I am always vaguely disgusted at the wet doorknob. Granted, you can generally assume it is clean because the ass that left it was returning from the bathroom but still. There is something truly disturbing about having to clutch a wet doorknob to get where you're going. The worst is when someone is coming in right behind you and it looks like you're the ass, lubricating doorknobs everywhere because you couldn't be fucked drying your hands after washing them. I always want to turn around and beg innocence. A quick wipe on the pants would even work for me, anything is better than making the doorknobs that everyone has to use all slippery. Maybe I could get a memo sent out about this....

P.S. In other news, I went to hand something to my secretary the other evening and her desk was cleaned out, void of her soft pink blanket and plush toys. My first thought was Damn, biatch has up and left the office to marry one of the Professionals and couldn't even spare 2 minutes to tell me she was leaving. I bought her a stuffed moose toy from Canada for fuck's sake, surely that should get me a year of minimum human courtesy. Before breaking out the Kleenex I checked with HR and turns out she just moved down the hallway but failed to think me significant enough to warrant a head's up. Nice. Real fucking nice.

3 comments:

jaredinnakano said...

The kaisha is a battleground. I hope you're armed. Maybe it's time to remind your dear readers what upside, apart from the salary, there is. I am hoping that there are some good-looking men in suits, at the very least.

Lisa said...

I love the image of the soft pink blanket and plush toys. It sounds like my childhood bedroom. Now I'm sleepy!

Green-Eyed Geisha said...

jared: I will! More positive posts are on the way...I hope. There are some decent men in suits, although the ratio of hot to not can be rather dismal at times.